In today’s digital era, virtual trade shows are breaking the trend and have become popular among businesses. Virtual exhibitions have evolved due to technological advancements and an increase in virtual event platforms. Thus, they are now able to provide an authentic real-life experience. Moreover, virtual trade shows have a unique approach and strategy for lead generation.
A variety of different virtual event platforms are available today, making it challenging to select the best one as per your business needs. It’s important to create an engaging and interactive online environment which makes choosing the right platform important. However, as experts in the field of virtual events and exhibitions, we’ve answered some frequently asked questions to help you in your exploration of an apt virtual trade show software.
What virtual trade show platforms are available in the market?
Virtual trade shows are a great option for promoting products, generating leads, and increasing business sales. However, not all are successful as they lack key engaging factors. There are many ways to host a virtual trade show, but most virtual event platforms are classified into two categories: 2D and 3D.
The 2D option is not an advanced platform, but rather a website wherein organizers are facilitated with functionalities including hosting webinars, interactive chats, 2D games, and polls. The downsides of this is that there are no 3D avatars and users may not find it engaging as they do not provide an immersive experience.
On the other hand, 3D virtual event platforms allow event organizers to replicate physical exhibitions closely, from sponsors monetization to networking. They offer many features, such as custom orbranded 3D environments, sponsorship opportunities, networking zones, games, and more. At Outreal XR, we’re the proud developers of an excellent 3D platform called HoloFair. Our platform has hosted numerous 3D exhibitions for organizations such as Emirates Steel, and government entities like Ministry of Health & Prevention.
What features do 3D virtual trade show platforms offer?
A 3D virtual trade show platform will provide you a memorable online expo by creating 3D avatars and booths, easy networking, demo rooms, interactive screens, games, and much more.
- 3D environments: Event organizers can incorporate 3D lobbies, exhibition halls, and booths. Furthermore, exhibitors can choose from a variety of customizable booths which gives organizers monetization opportunities based on booth sizes and branding.
- 3D avatars: Attendees can use customized 3D avatars to explore the trade show venue and visit booths. This allows visitors to visually see which areas of the event are crowded, similar to a physical event.
- Real-time interaction: Visitors are able to interact with each other or exhibitors in real-time. Similar to a video game, 3D event platforms are multi-user; which create live interaction between attendees.
- Content-based engagement: 3D virtual trade shows enable you to incorporate videos, brochures and presentations for better engagement. Links and sign-up forms can also be integrated to direct potential customers to exhibitors’ websites.
- Gamification: Virtual exhibitions can include several games to ensure high engagement of attendees throughout the event. Some examples are virtual treasure hunts, trivia quizzes, leaderboards, and many more.
- Analytics: Organizers and exhibitors can gain access to specific event data related to attendees’ behavior from the moment they have logged into the event. Metrics such as visitor activity, time spent in a particular booth, and content clicks can be tracked.
What event support can a business expect from an event service provider?
The right service provider can manage all aspects of the event before, during and after the commencement of the virtual trade show. It is recommended to choose a provider who already has a great track-record of hosting engaging virtual trade shows. Event support can include the following:
- Transparent event planning and execution: As every event is built from scratch, it is important to involve the client in all phases of the event planning and execution process. Regular communication and reporting of all phases from the service provider’s end ensures transparency and reliability.
- Pre-event training: The service provider has to give clients basic training associated with access and moderator controls. In addition to this, the trade show provider should administer training videos or sessions on how to navigate and use the platform, for attendees.
- Top-of-the-line customer support: It is crucial that the service providers have a round-the-clock team present on live event days to handle inquiries from attendees or provide technical support.
- ROI based approach: Try choosing a provider that is focused on providing maximum benefits to their clients and aims to structure the trade show around proposed KPIs.
Added tip: Reach out to previous clients of the service provider before zeroing in on the final decision.
While there are many ways to host a virtual trade show, choosing the correct platform is crucial to having a successful event. By choosing 3D virtual trade show platforms, you gain access to many features that create a holistic virtual experience, similar to physical exhibitions. Lastly, no matter what platform you decide on, having a credible and experienced provider makes all the difference to the success of your online exhibition.