What are Virtual Events?
Simply put, virtual events are online gatherings where individuals from all across the world meet, network, and interact virtually. Virtual events are hosted on virtual events platforms, where all that a user needs to attend is a capable device with a working internet connection. The term virtual events platforms has been widely used to describe a wide range of online events; however, not all of them are alike.
Three Main Types of Virtual Events Platforms
Virtual events platforms fall into three main categories: video conferencing, virtual interactive websites, and 3D multi-user virtual events platforms.
- These include one-to-one or group video/voice calling between users.
- With this form of virtual events, event organizers are highly restricted and have little to none interactive elements.
- It is next to impossible to host big exhibitions, trade shows, career fairs, and more, using only video conferencing events.
Virtual Interactive Websites
- These virtual platforms are online spaces where 3D videos and animations are played on a loop on a website.
- They are one-step more advanced than video conferencing events due to increased interactivity elements.
- Upon log in, users are taken to a virtual lobby where 3D static images are demonstrated.
- Users can click on the venues they want to teleport to while viewing the 3D video animations on screen.
- These kinds of virtual events have adequate engagement features, however, they are limited in terms of replicating real-life events.
- Although individuals can speak to one another, they are unable to see each other in the virtual venues (similar to a physical event).
3D Multi-User Virtual Events Platforms
- These online events platforms are all-around complete softwares with full interactivity and 3D elements.
- 3D virtual events platforms allow thousands of users to move around and see one another in a 3D environment that replicates any physical venue.
- These kinds of online events allow for:
- 3D virtual avatars of real-people
- Communicating with users instantly
- Walking around 3D virtual environments and viewing other users in real-time
- Interactivity features such as watching and downloading digital collateral
- User analytics and metrics such as which venues were visited, which virtual booths had the most traffic, etc.
- With these forms of virtual events, event organizers have full interactivity, customization, and control over their events.
HoloFair, A Complete Solution for Virtual Events Needs
Our 3D virtual events platform, HoloFair, is not only a multi-user software, but it also takes things one step further with enhanced features. We support up to 10,000 users, unlimited exhibitor booths, face scanning, custom avatars, completely customized venues, live streaming, enhanced games, and much more!